Friday, February 11, 2011

Gesture Recognition Project - step 01 - i.MX53 processor

This is the result of the first step on the Gesture Recognition Project using the Freescale i.MX53 ARM Cortex A8 processor, running at 800Mhz and the OpenCV library.



In this first step follows:

1 - pre-processing (color conversions, mathematical morphology and filters)
2 - skin color detection (segmentation)
3 - convexity hull for fingers detection

needs improvement on:

1 - removing noises
2 - convexity hull (detecting too many defect points sometimes)



EOF!

3 comments:

  1. Hello, Andre Silva, i am Andres velasquez from Colombia, i am following this blog due to my interest on image processing on an imx53 qsb board star-r, i have tried to install opencv libraries and execute an example on ubuntu 11.09 terminal, but with no succes.

    I wonder if you could explain me how to install opencv and which webcam should i use for the imx 53 becausa i have a lenovo webcam and ubuntu does not recognize it.

    thanks in advance ,

    i am looking forward to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andre Silvia, I'm in the same problem with you. I'm trying to install opencv on i.mx53 Quick Start Board for a month.But it's no result. Can anyone help me in this problem.Thank you so muck!.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andre Silva, I'm Paris Rosales from México, i´m an Student and i just found your projects and they´re interesnting actually I´m working on a project just like this one, Hand-Gesture recognition, I fell such a noob looking your work here, I actually could make the I.MX.53 (ubuntu 10.04) works with the Opencv (Open CV 2.0.0), don´t you mind to share the code? to see how it works. Thanks.

    The camera I´m using is an Logitec c210.

    ReplyDelete